Intelligent Storage Management (V1R3)
Reduce object size by 60-97.7%
Intelligent Storage Management (ISM)could reduce
object size down to 10% of original size and some times even lower.
This facility reduces storage of seldom-used objects by Compression
and Decompression into the popular .zip format. This can be a
useful way to distribute Objects/Files/Libraries from your AS/400.
Intelligent Storage Management will allow you to simply archive
seldom-used objects. If the object is needed, ISM will dynamically
and instantaneously return the object back to its original size
and format. Compressed files can be attached to E-mail and sent
to anyone. Intelligent Storage Management also has the ability
to decompress any .zip file directly on your AS/400. Any types
of IFS objects or AS/400 data can be compressed to reduce online
Additional features of ISM:
- Allowing archival to and dynamic retrieval from compressed
- Enables better DASD usage by allowing the migration of
data to and from compressed files.
- Reduce storage of seldom-used source file.
- Ability to use normal compression (proportional), fast
compressing, less size reduction.
- Ability to use maximum compression (industrial strength),
slower compressing, larger size reduction .
- Reduce storage of seldom used PFs and Journals.
- Reduce source files to actively used source
- Reduce size of legacy applications.
- Automatic Archiving of seldom user objects.
Company standards are used.
- Instantaneous/dynamically rebuilding of objects
when first touched.
- No User interaction necessary.
- Tailor the selection criteria to meet company
- Automatically Compress/Decompress any save
- Compress/Decompress any IFS or AS/400 objects.
- Reduces file size up to 90%.
- Instantaneous rebuilding of objects when
- PKZip compatible.
- WINZIP compatible.
- Great for use on source files.
- Most source file members are seldom used
can be archived and decompressed when needed dynamically.
an Actual Report created on Clients System. See the results
that were achieved. You will be amazed.
Note: You must be logged onto your
AS/400 with a User profile with the proper authority. You also
might try mapping a drive to the PAE directory on the AS/400.
This will save you time since you can download directly onto the
a Demo Only of ISM. Demo will show the amount of storage
ISM can save you if installed. This
will bring you to the download page. The demo will only review
the objects on your system and make a estimate of how much storage
can be saved. Then a report will be produced displaying these
estimates. Amount of storage saved is only an estimate based on
previous compression results.
Note: You must have the QShell
Interpreter to use this product. Click
here to download it.
Copyright © 2001 PAE Inc., All rights reserved
IBM® and AS/400® are registered trademarks of IBM
PKZIP is a registered trademarks of PKWARE, Inc.
All other product names are trademarked or copyrighted by their