Features of PC/Accelerator
The most difficult obstacle
to overcome in updating to the AS/400 PowerPC RISC Technology
is down TIME:
- Executing a full system save just prior to the upgrade,
eliminated by PC/Accelerator.
- Restoring a full or partial system save after hardware
upgrade, automated by PC/Accelerator.
- Determining the most efficient method of program conversion,
automated by PC/Accelerator.
- Synchronization of libraries if SAVCHGOBJ is part of the
save strategy, automated by PC/Accelerator.
PC/Accelerator(TM) a tool which reduces the amount o£
time the AS/400 manager needs in saving just before upgrade weekend.
Also saving time rebuilding the system after the hardware is
installed. PC/Accelerator(TM)handles all of the above with ease!
PC/Accelerator(TM)for the Power PC can translate program objects
at a faster rate (programs per hour) than the current method
outlined in the "Road Map to Changing to PowerPC Technology".
In fact, there is no other person or company in the world that
can convert objects as faster. And being from New England, we
will put a lobster on it.
Some of the main features listed
for only $1,100 USD are:
- Ability to print all system documentation outlined in
Road Map with one menu option.
- Ability to set priorities and restore libraries within
a day of the week sequence.
- Ability to restore all ASPs or individual ASPs when rebuilding
- Ability to rebuild journals and journal receivers.
- Ability to keep tape media handling to a minimum, thus
optimizing time in the rebuilding process.
- Ability to select which SAV*s will be tracked for recovery.
- Dynamically create processing pools needed for object
conversion then dynamically tune the system.
- Notification of ASPs that overflow.
- Notification of journals and journal receivers that arc
not part of the restore strategy.
- Notification of libraries that are missing from restore
- Notification of when the recovery strategy does not contain
current SAV* volumes.
- Produces a printed report after each SAV* which indicates
the restore sequence in the event of a crash.
- Prompting QSECOFR for which volumes to load during the
- Existing CL programs will interface with PC/Accelerator(TM).
- Simulation mode available to practice so you are
prepared for restore and object conversion on CISC.
- Divided into three processing functions:
- A. Save/Restore function, can used after upgrade as
a disaster recovery strategy.
- B. QINBETWEEN process facility (fastest processing
on the AS/400), can use after upgrade.
- C. Program encapsulation manager only used for encapsulation
Instead of using the inefficient
method of STROBJCVN *ALLUSR and CHGPGM,PC/Accelerator(TM)
- Execute one command to automate the entire
process of object conversion.
- Allow for the translating of program objects
by library priority.
- Allow for a staged upgrade on your own system with the
use of priorities.
- Allow partial conversion of libraries as a user option.
- Dynamically create processing pools used for program translation.
- Distribute programs between processing pools to get maximum
- Determine the amount of programs that can translated simultaneously.
- Managing pools according the model and storage available.
- All processing will be done asynchronously eliminating
the inefficient SBMJOB command.
- Ability to execute any program or command in up to 52
processes RUNJOB command.
- Conversion to the PowerPC technology in the shortest possible
amount of time without operator intervention.
- Object translation can take place in or out of restricted
state; allowing users to be active during translation.
- Save System Information (SAVSYSINF), Network attributes,
System values, Configuration, SAVSECDTA.
Copyright © 1998 PAE Inc., All rights reserved
IBM® and AS/400® are registered trademarks of IBM
All other product names are trademarked or copyrighted by their