OS/400 V5R3M0 or higher
To load Librarian or CrashAid, you should print and follow these steps:
Warning: If you are not currently on OS/400 Version 6 start here.
NOTE: When downloading use pae%029f8f9 as the User name and Paeinc44 as the password (case must match).
1. Save this file to your PC or AS/400 IFS Download here.
2. Create the directory PAE in the IFS, (i.e. CRTDIR PAE); then unzip the file PAELIB01.SAV and extract to /PAE/PAELIB01.SAV on the AS/400.
3. Create a save file on AS/400, (i.e. CRTLIB SHPINGLIBS and CRTSAVF FILE(SHPINGLIBS/PAELIB01). CRTLIB if necessary.
4. CPYFRMSTMF FROMSTMF('/pae/paelib01.sav') TOMBR('/qsys.lib/shpinglibs.lib/paelib01.file')
To Complete Install
1. On the command line enter, RSTOBJ OBJ(SETUP) SAVLIB(PAELIB01) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(SHPINGLIBS/PAELIB01) MBROPT(*ALL) ALWOBJDIF(*ALL) RSTLIB(QTEMP)
2. Enter the command, QTEMP/SETUP. When asked for a device, enter: *SAVF, this will tell the install program to restore from the save file SHPINGLIBS/PAELIB01.
3. Follow the instructions as presented from the SETUP command, as QSECOFR.
4. If asked if you want to use UPDATESYSTEM, answer N unless you are told to do otherwise.
5. SBMJOB CMD('CALL PAELIBRARN/LREOGCL') INLLIBL(PAELIBRARN) /* this job should be run as soon as possible and it might take a long time to run */
Note: You must be logged onto your AS/400 with a User profile with the proper authority. You also might try mapping a drive to the PAE directory on the AS/400. This will save you time since you can download directly onto the AS/400.